Camembert Pastry Parcels
Creamy Camembert compliments a Hansa Pilsener exceptionally well. But why stop there? Dress up your favourite French cheese in golden phyllo pastry and enjoy this melty, mouthwatering parcel of gustatory pleasure.
250g Camembert cheese
125g walnuts, chopped
1 or 2 pinches cayenne pepper
1 or 2 pinches of ground rosemary
2 small lemons, zested
5 sheets of phyllo pastry
2 tsp olive oil
1. Chop up the Camembert and throw it in the food processor along with the walnuts, cayenne pepper, ground rosemary and lemon zest. Whir away until well-combined.
2. On a clean dry surface, fold a sheet of phyllo pastry in half along its width. Take 1/5 of the Camembert mixture and spoon it along the bottom of the folded sheet so that it looks like a long sausage.
3. Loosely roll up the pastry from bottom to top. It should now look like a long, delicious cigar.
4. Repeat until you have 5 phyllo sausages filled with Camembert mixture.
5. Rub each roll with olive oil and then fry them individually in the pan on medium heat, turning regularly.
6. Once the pastry is golden brown and crisp, remove from the heat.
Creamy Summer Salad
Although there is lot to be said for a tart vinaigrette, sometimes a salad deserves something a little more luxurious. Enter the creamy dressing. Delightfully indulgent and super straight forward, this is what your greens have been missing out on.
2 tsp grainy mustard
1 clove of crushed garlic
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1-2 pinches of sea salt
1 pinches sugar
2 tsp white wine vinegar
Fresh coarse black pepper to taste
1. Add the mustard, garlic, mayonnaise, salt and sugar into a bowl and whisk vigorously.
2. Once smooth, keep mixing and start adding the vinegar bit by bit.
3. Finish it off with a sprinkle of black pepper and drizzle over a salad of mixed greens and Parmesan shavings.
4. All that’s left to do is invite over some friends and crack open an ice-cold Hansa Pilsner.
5. Cheers and enjoy!